Friday, June 12, 2009

Explanation of 1 Timothy 4:6-8

1 Timothy 4:6-8

6For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing (KJV).

This is at the end of Paul's life that he is writing to Timothy. The Victory that is told in these verses should be the Goal of every Christian. Fight the Good Fight.

For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand
(Paul is saying to timothy that the time of his death could be at any minute. Remember at one point of Paul life he was a persecutor of the Christian people. Paul is now explaining to timothy what happened as he received the revelation of the truth of the word of God). I have fought a good fight (It is not a literal fight with anyone that Paul is referring to, If you have taken your time to read the writings of Paul or his life after the conversion you would learn that Paul was a pacifist(after the conversion). It is good to note that there were those that stood against Paul but God always provided a way for him. The fight that Paul is referring to is the fight against his will or the carnal nature which resides in him). I have finished my course ( His course represents the work that God had given him to do or the lifestyle that was expected of him by God) I have kept the faith ( Through all the difficulty that came his way Paul still remained as an Honest follower of Jesus Christ) Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness (Because he kept the faith "EVERLASTING LIFE" was awaiting him). Which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day (Paul shall be given Eternal life and an opportunity to reign with Christ during the appointed time of his righteous reign). There is an appointed time in which everlasting life shall be granted that only god knows). And not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing (Paul is saying that it is not only him that shall be granted Eternal life, but anyone who truly accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior shall also be granted the same reward also.)

May God Bless You

1 comment:

  1. Hi br. Blessings, let's try our best to one day say those same words that Paul was saying to young Timothy...with the help of the Most High we'll be able to say those same words. As we know it's not a fight against anybody else but ourselves...meaning we are fighting against our bad spirits within us...when we want to do the right thing it's always the bad that comes our way (Romans 7:15-25) but thanks be to God because He's helping us through His word and He always send His angels (ministry)
    to help us.

    God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete